Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Being my big brother's girlfriend's little sister

When I was sixteen and still trying not to be a girl, my brother had a Gothy girlfriend... and sometimes she'd leave stuff in his room. She was the first woman not related to me that I ever borrowed things from. I wore her skirts, her tights, her black and cherry lipsticks... She never left a full outfit, and I nearly got caught once by my brother with what little she did have. But I remember leaving a glossy purple lipstick mark on a tissue and smile.

And one day she bought a wedding dress from a charity shop. She planned to dye it black... I don't know if she ever did.

I do know it didn't quite fit me. :/

(Some years later, a friend managing a charity shop mentioned a man coming in to buy a dress "for a costume party" and coming back a week later for a wedding dress. As I said, "if you're gonna do it, do it properly." I hope I didn't sound too wistful...)

No comments:

Post a Comment