Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When you wish to be a star

The cameras click and flash as the chauffeur opens the limosine door and holds it for me. I place a brand new stiletto heel on the red carpet, smooth down the skirt of my satin gown, and step out.

I remember being woken early, finding myself in a hotel... a stylist waiting to help with my dress, makeup and hair. But I was only up for a technical award, not as an actress... and... I was male?

This all feels strange and unfamiliar... but not wrong. I purse my full red lips, smile and show off perfect white teeth, pose for the rows of cameras and answer to my name, Beatrice...

Ever wondered where all those beautiful starlets come from?

5 comments:

  1. She needs to make a follow-up movie! ;)

    There is some element of femme conditioning and half-conscious stage training going on here, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it seems... ever wondered where all those beautiful starlets come from?

      Delete
    2. You mean there's a talent agency somewhere picking Jim, Herbie and Tim up and turning them into Jackie, Heather and Tessa?

      Delete
    3. :)

      If getting abducted or offered a new "feminine" short term job were the preferred modes of operation, well, I would certainly volunteer...

      Delete