Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Completion

The gown - my gown - rose up over my head, and I raised my arms to help the spirits lower it over my head. As it passed over, I now saw the spirits - a pair of maids, in full Victorian uniforms, skillfully adjusting every detail of my evening dress, telling me how lovely I looked. One brushed my hair, and I felt it lengthen and prettily curl, as the other helped me put on silk gloves, making my arms as slim as they should be. As my long, silky hair was styled, the other helped me with my fine jewelry - my ears weren't pierced until she pressed the earrings to them, but now they felt like they had been for a long time.

I was completely transformed, free of my former life. Outside, I could hear a carriage pulling up... my husband to be!

The house was haunted no longer, it was a home once more, and I was the new lady of the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment