Sunday, October 28, 2018

How I came to be there

I had entered willingly, though not knowing what fate awaited me... perhaps the spirits of the house sensed my true nature and ensured that the boudoir would be unlocked and welcoming. I had heard the story of the lady who vanished here in the 1880s, leaving her husband-to-be distraught, and how his spirit still seeks her... but I thought it only a story...

Though I began to wonder as I found the lady's chambers, seemingly untouched by more than a century... and the temptation of the beautiful clothing was too much to resist. Surely none of it would fit me... but I had to know. At least I could hold her satin gown, her silk stockings and corsetry... but as I undressed, heart racing, I heard rustles and whispers from all around... maids coming to help the lady dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment