Friday, October 25, 2019

The Waiting House, 5

Makeup, perfume, hair styling... I was every inch a 1950s housewife, dressed up for a night out with my husband.

I admired myself in my full-length dressing mirror, delighted to see that I was beautiful.

I could hear him downstairs, waiting for me. I stepped to the stairs and began to descend, sure that he would like what he saw!

The house had been waiting for me, and I for the opportunity it offered me. It was restored to its former glory, now with a resident who could truly appreciate it. Outside it was 1952, my husband and I had just moved in after his promotion at work, ready to make a life for ourselves here. The house had a room waiting to be a nursery for our children, in time. But for now it was just the two of us, ready to make our house a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment