Saturday, June 07, 2014

Being trans sometimes messes with my perceptions

The blog post on Elliquiy that led to this:


Yesterday, out and about in my masculine "secret identity", I went into my local-ish KFC and found myself queueing behind a tall and lean but somewhat muscular woman, my height (almost 6') and wearing a bondage collar as well as a little black dress (with the sixe 10 tag sticking up at the back) and spike heels (which helped with the height, but she'd still be tall without), with shortish hair and rather extreme makeup.

I was actually surprised when I heard a woman's voice when she spoke.

She was a dancer in costume on her way to a performance, hence the out-of-place attire and stagey makeup, as I figured because she was with three other women in workout clothes and ballet and dance company shirts. I mentioned the tag to her, and she put it in and laughed "oops, showing everybody I'm a size ten" and I said "well, I would if I could too" and smiled and tried to pass that off as a joke rather than the truth.

So yeah, I met the sort of women that convincing (if rather tall) crossdressers can aspire to pass for, and immediately thought she was one.

No comments:

Post a Comment